I am seeking a challenging position in an environment where growth opportunities exist, which supports personal development while simultaneously facilitating achievement of organisational goals.
I have diversified and in-depth professional work experience.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS CONFERRED IN
Masters’ in Commerce 2012
Masters’ Equivalency – UK 2011
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK 2010
Bachelors in Commerce 2006
AlSoroor Group of Companies – AlMulla Group of Companies March 2015 to till date
KPMG Fakhro (Bahrain) Sep 2011 to February 2015
Audit Assistant Manager
KPMG (Pakistan) May 2008 to Aug 2011
Financial Controller (Bahrain)
Alpha Group of Companies Oct 2013 to Apr 2014
KPMG Fakhro (Bahrain)
Assistant Manager June 2011 to Aug 2011
AlSoroor Group of Companies (Includes 10 Departmental stores across Bahrain, Construction, Tailoring, Contracting, and Digital Printing & Advertisement)
In my current role as the Company’s Financial Controller, My responsibilities include:
- Preparing management accounts – monthly & quarterly reports (With individual companies);
- Formulating Policies, Goals and Strategies
- Preparation of annual budgets, discussing and getting management approval.
- Suggesting plans to improve the effectiveness of the Finance Department and making the goals and objectives in line with business roles and developments.
- To communicate with external parties in relation to financial information’s (banks, government ministries, central bank);
- Advising the Board of Directors about short and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Making and implementing cost cutting plans and areas of improvements.
- Reviewing of Company's investment activities, opening of new branches and recommendation to management with course of actions;
- Receiving of term loans, vehicle loans, bank OD, LC & TR facilities periodically & recommendation to management with course of action;
- Ensuring effective internal control of financial activities at the Group level, as well as safeguarding Group's assets.
- Liaise with external auditor and providing of information;
To monitors and review:
- Consolidation of Group management accounts;
- Compares budgets and variance analysis;
- Monthly & Yearly cash flow projection and discussing with the board of directors;
- Analyzing performance of different businesses and discussing with directors;
- ERP System Month end reconciliations - All GL with Sub ledgers;
- Monitoring of monthly budget vs actual and variance analysis;
- Of annual budgets and discussing and getting management approval;
- Monitoring of monthly sales targets and variance analysis & reporting to management;
- ERP system month end reconciliations.
- Supplier payments – LC, TR and TT;
- Computation of employee benefits;
- Bank reconciliation statement;
- Journal vouchers and payment vouchers;
- Analyzing of payroll details as direct cost and overhead expenses;
- Insurance contracts maintenance and renewal of periodicals;
- Month end accounting functions;
- Seasonal reports and variance analysis;
- Reviewing of provisions such as leave salary, indemnity, air tickets, depreciations, sales commissions.
Special Investigation Assignment:
I was also involved in the special investigation assignment for a Company and was directly associated with the Management on that matter.
- On hand practical experience of using various automated accounting packages.
- Proficient in all components of Microsoft Office.
- Using SAP, ERP, Tally and Vector (KPMG Audit software) on audits.
Received Shukran award on behalf of Managing Partner of KPMG-Bahrain for an extra ordinary performance given to the firm.
|Last Resume Update||September 27, 2018|