Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob : 971558950540, Dubai - UAE
Motivated, results-driven & highly experienced Chartered Accountant with over 16 years of extensive and diversified experience in Accounting & Auditing, Financial Analysis & Reporting, IFRS proficiency, Implementing ERP, Consolidation, Feasibility analysis, Project finance & Corporate loan restructuring. Exceptionally talented in creating robust internal controls, guidelines, and procedures to support accounting functions including budget administration. With excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a strategic approach, I strongly feel I can add huge value to your organization by significantly reducing cost, increasing controls & improving profitability.
- Financial planning & Analysis
- Project Management
- Internal Control Management
- Budget administration
- Risk management
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- IFRS Proficiency
- Client Management
CAREER HISTORY ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rhine Shipping DMCC, Dubai (Annual T/O USD 250M) Apr 2019 – July 2020
- Plan, develop and lead an eﬃcient and robust Finance function to support strategic planning initiatives, operations and activities.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization and recommend for cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Prepare and update accounting and reporting instructions according to IFRS/ IAS. Ensure data reliability of monthly financial reports (P&L, Balance Sheet, KPIs) and present results to board members.
- Support management with insights on financial position of the company, be part of all the commercial and investment decision making processes and ensure ROI. Ensure business decisions are grounded on solid financial data.
- Direct preparation of Annual OPEX/ CAPEX budgets, review monthly variances and recommend corrective actions.
- Ensure ERP, Financial systems & processes are implemented effectively.
- Execute the company’s Financial forecasting, Planning, Analysis and Reporting. Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee all applicable financial controls and ensure adequate assessment and mitigation of risk as well as compliance with applicable regulatory and other VAT & legal requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors for IFRS & Statutory audits.
- Manage the finance staff to deliver the set functional objectives.
MANAGER – ACCOUNTS & FINANCE
Goodrich Group, Dubai Dec 2014 – Mar 2019
Achievements/ Tasks: Controlled Finance functions of 3 separate entities under the group.
Ø Goodrich Maritime LLC (NVOCC)
Ø Goodrich Maritime DMC EST (Chartering)
Ø Goodrich Middle East DWC LLC (Tank farm project)
- Develop the Company’s financial policies and procedures and oversee their proper implementation to support the financial practices and achieve the planned objective.
- Executed core financial processes, including vendor setup and payment, administration of bank accounts and account reconciliation. Set Key business KPI deliverables.
- Coordinate activities of 35 agents globally, 28 own oﬃces for accounting, revenue recognition & Inter-company reconciliation.
- Setting up corporate finance for Tank farm project, drawdowns, CWIP & asset recognition.
- Ensure agreement with Tax, Treasury and Audit requirements.
- Ensure month-end & year-end closing process, consolidation & liaise for Audit report.
Stellar Shipping Co. LLC, Dubai Oct 2010 – Nov 2014
· Prepared budgets, cash flow projections, cost analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
· Provide continuous future focused business analytics tailored to the business needs
- Develop the activity-based costing and make recommendations for cost reduction and profit improvement.
· Ensure efficient, effective and precise Finance Operations.
ASSISTANT MANAGER – ACCOUNTS & MIS
The Great Eastern Shipping Co. Ltd, Mumbai Aug 2007 – Sep 2010
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures & controls across finance functions.
- AP/AR management, Budgeting & variances, Voyage Profitability, TDS, Service Tax payments & e-returns.
ASSISTANT MANAGER – ACCOUNTS & FINANCE
ITC Ltd, Hyderabad Feb 2004 – Aug 2007
- Retail accounting in SAP, ensure compliance with standard policies, procedures and all applicable laws.
- Direct preparation of annual budgets, monthly forecasts, analyze variance & recommend for improvements.
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT MASTER OF COMMERCE
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India – Mumbai. University of Mumbai - Mumbai, Maharashtra
May 2003 - Nov 2006 Jan 2001- Mar 2003
IT SKILLS: ODOO, IMOS, TALLY, SAP & proficient in MS Office.
LANGUAGES: Fluent in English, Hindi & Marathi.
PERSONAL DETAILS: DOB 5th Oct 1977. UAE Driving License: 2075035.
Available upon request.
|Last Resume Update||September 15, 2020|
|Address||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|