Thanks for giving me the opportunity to submit my resume, detailing my work experience and education in hopes of obtaining the posted position within your organization.
Please be advised that, this position fits perfectly with my skill set and how I’m looking to grow in my career, as well allows me to use my technical expertise for more large projects with higher impact, fulfil all the required position responsibilities and achieve all targets set by the organization.
I have been working for oil, gas, petrochemical, water treatment & power generation industry field since 2001 as senior I&C engineer, technical engineering lead, total process reliability lead and I&C project engineering lead.
I have been certified as Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), member no.: 7160774 as well Certified KPI Professional from Smart KPIs Institute.
I have an extensive working experience in many fields (process, instrumentation, electric, control, mechanical & safety), perfected my skills through many problems I encountered, as well have attended numerous training courses as listed in my resume, all related references are available as required.
I have been responsible of maintenance and projects engineering "EPC" activities for green and brown fields taken place within different well-known reputed companies, and I have attended FAT, SAT, commissioning and start up activities. I have worked in MENA and Gulf countries.
Having a good knowledge and well experienced in operations and maintenance for steam generation units (OTSGs & GTG-HRSGs & 9E-HRSGs), fuel handling, boiler and turbine operations in the power plant environment, and various auxiliary equipment related to steam cogeneration, electrical, air, cooling and process water demands.
I have managed several teams either in projects activities or maintenance activities, I did my best to lead all by example, ensured that each individual completed his work assignments, coached and pushed them to reach its individual, team and company set goals as can.
I have prepared various courses for fresh and junior engineers & technicians including on-Job training classes for instrumentation & automation and related process.
I have responsible and managed the I&C team for development maintenance & repair strategies and scheduling maintenance for facilities, to minimize overall downtime, and ensuring job plans and tasks were established.
I’m available and ready to take on a role that requires more technical competency and leadership to support the team. I’m really excited to take on.
Please let me know if you have any comments / questions, looking forward to hear from you.
|Last Resume Update
|May 17, 2021
Senior Instrument & Control Engineer
- Ensured all the activities of the Field Facilities / Plants completed in safe, reliable and cost-effective manner and in compliance with equipment OEM, standards and HES routine & emergency procedures.
- Supervised Instrumentation teams for plant maintenance and repair activities. Assigned personnel to specific areas within the plant based upon knowledge and capabilities.
- Managed and provided technical direction for Instrumentation routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, trouble shooting, tuning, and calibration program for instrumentation and control system to ensure that the process control systems function properly.
- Led and participated in facilities major projects and Management Of Change (MOC) process, reviewed SOW, discussed with all relevant parties, collected all Field Technical Information (FTI), called for MOC meetings, conducted PSSR-A&B, uploaded updated FTI in Maximo system, reviewed As-Built drawings, etc.
- Participated in risk assessment (HAZOP, HAZID, SIL) technical reviews, and safety audits.
- Cooperated with the team to discuss annual company goals, team goals and individual goals together.
- Shared daily, weekly and monthly objectives and communicated it with employees and organized workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules to achieve the team annual goals.
- Updated reliability plans based on accident investigation, using (5 Why, Fishbone Diagram) tools and provided remedial engineering solutions using TAPROOT software for Facilities Bad Actors list and single points of failures, to further reduce the number of failures and minimize the effects of failures that do occur.
- Developed Monthly, Quarter and Yearly reports for maintenance and reliability activities completed by the team with associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Developed, and/or initiated maintenance activities such as PM, Condition Based Monitoring (CBM), calibration, training, and spare parts strategies to improve overall performance and up time.
- Developed instrumentation specification updates and coordinated it with other disciplines.
- Responsible for the development repair strategies and scheduling maintenance for facilities / equipment including preventive and routine maintenance planning to minimize overall downtime, and ensuring job plans and tasks were established.
- Attended EPC / LSTK projects (Feed and Detail Engineering Design, Procurement & Construction) for Instrument and Control systems, reviewed the detailed engineering (designs, specification and drawings), clearing for technical quires/ clarification and carried out bid evaluations, material & equipment selections, vendors / subcontractors selection, responsible for supervising a group of engineers, reviewed EPC contractor activities, ensured that project schedules and budgets were achieved as well as the technical accuracy of work product, coordinated with other leaders within the project organization to ensure that multi discipline interfaces are properly addressed.
- Participated and performed Hazop Revalidation & AS-Built project for Dehy., Water, Steam, Oil & Gas Facilities.
- Participated and performed FAT tests, followed up pre-commissioning, commissioning activities & start up for Oil, Gas, Steam Generation, Combined Cycle Gas Turbine and Water Treatment facilities and related major equipment.
- Led and participated in facilities criticality assessment study review for more than 100K assets.
- Provided day-to-day resolution for technical queries from the contractor requiring direction particular attention for resolution of technical integrity issues across contractual interfaces.
- Solved engineering issue that comes up in projects' phases, answering technical questions, working and directing other departments.
- Participated for reviewing and revising the existing stock items Min/Max according its criticality, usage level and required time for replenishment process and updated their records in MAXIMO CMMS (Computerize Maintenance Management System).
- Provided necessary technical input for the Project Execution Strategy (PES), participated in preparing Project Design Basis (PDS), Specifications, Philosophies and Scope of Work (SOW) for Tender.
- Responsible for (submit, monitor & control) all the project technical quires related to my assignments. Coordinated technical issues relating to engineering design between customer and the project. Liaised with suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure smooth integration of services, quality with the project execution requirements in safely manner and within project budget.
- Provided the required support as an Instrumentation & Control subject matter technical expert to ensure that all facilities instrumentation modifications are correctly designed, implemented according to MOC process.
- Led and participated in the Facilities Alarm Management Program to prevent nuisance alarms and facilities shutdown.
I&C Project Engineer (Responsible for facilities construction, commissioning and start-up)
- Prepared instrumentation deliverables (Inst. index, data sheets, and specifications) and Bid Engineering (MTO, CTR, Technical clarifications).
- Insured operational stability of the company by equipment troubleshooting and managing the required spare parts.
- Prepared and issued of Material Take Off (MTO) & Tender Specification, Receipt of offers from suppliers, evaluation, recommendation.
- Participated in safety studies such as HAZID/HAZOP, SIL.
- Field instruments selection based on process applications, Orifice plate, Control valves and Safety valves sizing.
- Reviewed F&G layout drawings, Cause & Effect matrix, SAFE charts, Safety logic drawings and fusible plug layout drawings.
- Reviewed layout drawing (based on plant layout) showing location of all field instruments, junction boxes, cable/pipe routes from instruments to control room etc.
- Participated with discipline teams to prepare equipment spare parts list along with required two year spare parts and create stock items with Min/Max for all new equipment and initiated Purchase Requisitions (PR) with detail specification and recommended vendors / suppliers, followed with technical evaluation and vendors / suppliers screening process and approval.
I&C Maintenance Engineering Section Head
- Responsible for supervising installation and maintenance of facilities instruments and repairing, ensuring conformity to company regulations (i.e. smart transmitters, switches, Microprocessor based indicators / recorders / controllers, gas analyzers, control valve, pneumatic instruments, pH & conductivity meters) and other special instruments used.
- Responsible for instrumentation loop testing and instrumentation controller tuning as per process requirement.
- Assist vendors for facilities special equipment installation and troubleshooting.
- Conducted field checks for all installed instrument for correct position and setting.
- Installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of Distributed Control Systems (DCS). (Honeywell TDC 3000, FOXBORO).
- Hardware installation, software checking, commissioning and maintenance of PLC system (SIEMENS SIMATIC S7 SERIES, Allen Bradley).
- Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems.
- Developed facilities plant shutdown and turnarounds maintenance activity plans action list and participated in execution of shutdown and turnarounds to meet with company targets and KPI’s.
- Observed work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used conform to specifications, and approved completed work orders and stores requisitions for materials.
- Responsible for determination of daily work schedules; coordinates the human resources, materials, and information needed to accomplish the work consistent with efficient operation.
- Ensured that the maintenance workload is executed efficiently.
B.Sc. In Electrical & Control Engineering
B.Sc. In Electrical & Control Engineering