I have 24 years of HR experience of which I specialized in the areas of Talent Acquisition & Management, Organizational Design & Development and Corporate Human Capital Management, 12 years have been spent in the GCC. Having senior management experience across a number of consulting services, construction & engineering, consumer goods, dairy / agriculture products and manufacturing companies (i.e. Almarai, Alfanar, Nadec & Emirates Food Industries).
Previously at Nadec, as the Director of HR Recruitment & Manpower Planning for the MEA region, I was responsible for talent acquisition (end-to-end), manpower movement, people engagement & management of manpower budget of over $110 million YoY across the whole organization. Designed, blueprinted and implemented Oracleʼs Taleo Talent Management Suite for Nadec, shaped the competency qualification catalogue and managed various Human Capital Management projects that supported the human capital transformation of the Nadec business in the GCC region to a world class production and distribution company.
At Almarai I was the Sr. Manager, HR & Recruitment that led the manpower build-up which involved the acquisition of Western Bakeries and HADCO (Poultry), centralization initiatives & expansion bringing the company headcount from 5,500 to 13,000. I also helped introduce corporate compliance protocols & competency frameworks, SLAs and Authority Matrices in the general areas of HR including but not limited to Recruitment, OD, L&D, Personnel & Compensation.
My recent role as HR Director for Emirates Food Industries, reported to the CEO and managed a team of 14 HR & Admin personnel across 5 divisions & 10 companies
Built the function from scratch, delivered end-to-end HR strategic and operational support services, from manpower planning/budgeting to recruitment, employee engagement to succession planning, organization development to compensation & pay management, government relations to administration of labor & employment services.
Conducted HR risk operational assessments, established and maintained company's pay system including administration of pension, retirement & executive incentive plans, corporate strategies on manpower development & cross functional movements, simulated internal & external equity thru several benchmarking activities, budget planning including review of total reward strategies, participated in the ISO9001 audits, led the learning and development programs for HSE and implemented the roll out of HR automated packages (via HCM SAP) to all divisions.
Please find herewith my CV and some of the notable achievements to date:
Emirates Food Industries (UAE)
- Designed and built the in-house HR architecture from scratch, resulting in the annual saving of HR overhead costs of up to AED5.83 mio (third party / HR outsourcing annual costs = AED8.9 mio vs. newly introduced in house HR department = 3.07 mio)
- Re-engineered HR organization: Centralized the delivery of HR services across 4 divisions & 9 companies resulting into the merging of 3 existing medical benefit plans into one corporate plan with AED168,000 in annual savings while expanding the network benefit coverage to all EFI employees.
- Roll out of automated HCM package to all 10 companies (SAP PA & Payroll module - includes Corporate)
- Initiated review and proposed several updates of the outdated employee handbook, resulting in the development of 3 HR policies and procedures. (Transportation, Grievance & Attendance)
- Compensation and payline review, resulting in the introduction of a Sales commission matrix and organization equity check across the business.
- Conducted benchmarking surveys (2012) resulting on the development of a new pay grading structure for the whole Nadec group.( Job evaluation based on Hay method)
- Introduced Taleo Oracle platform, designed the blueprint and implemented the roll out of centralized ERP-HCM (used for Recruitment/TA & Performance Management)
- Initiated the Talent Management protocols, SLAs on talent acquisition, on-boarding & workforce planning
- Recruited and deployed close to 7,500 employees in a 5 year period (both white and blue collar workers, traveled to at least 11 countries for Recruitment Campaigns)
- Designed the online virtual learning library (intranet based - SharePoint platform)
- Increased the cost efficiency of 2 Divisions, Sales + Supply Chain Division overheads thru the rationalization of operational heads and costs (2016-17), cost saved in excess of SAR1.175 mio)
Should this application merit a discussion, I am based in Dubai and immediately available.
|Last Resume Update||September 24, 2018|
|Address||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Designed & built the EFI HR architecture / function from scratch. Directed overall human capital organization function including but not limited to, Manpower Planning, Organization Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Pay Management, Employee On-boarding & Engagement, Performance & Succession Management, Organization Rationalization, Policy, Legal & Compliance and Administration. Led HR adhoc / special projects including roll out of SAP HCM module, cost saving initiatives = AED3mio., restructuring of organizational cost centres, corporate rebranding, salary streamlining / cost recovery & reconciliation
Human Resources Management