Aspiring to be a leader in a growing organization and contribute towards building strong and performing teams that ensure sustenance in delivery and successes of the organization
Procurement Professional with more than 19 years of experience in Procurement, Order Management.
Currently responsible for end to end procurement for Proposed Al Sahel Resort & Hotel Project, 200 rooms operated by a renowned international hotel operator and will contain a sports club, convention centre, restaurants, extensive landscaping as well as access to an exclusive beachfront. Valued tat 50 Million BHD.
Project related procurement planning, Vendor Selection, Negotiation, Execution, Supplier and Sub Contractors (limited) Relationship Management throughout the contract life - cycle, Company-wide ERP i.e Buildsmart, Project Management and Documentation.
Summary of Work Experience
S. POSITION ORGANIZATION DURATION No. FROM TO 1 SENIOR PURCHASE OFFICER CHARILAOS APOSTOLIDES (BAHRAIN) W.L.L.
(CHAPO BAHRAIN) AUG’19 PRESENT 2 PURCHASE OFFICER OUTOTEC GMBH & CO. KG, BAHRAIN BRANCH FOR ALUMINIUM BAHRAIN (ALBA) NOV’18 JUL’19 3 PURCHASING SUPERVISOR AL TAWQEET CLASS CONSTRUCTION, BAHRAIN AUG’17 OCT’18 4 PURCHASE OFFICER JOHN SISK & SON CONSTRUCTION LLC
(SISK GROUP), ABU DHABI, UAE FEB’11 JAN’16 5 PURCHASE OFFICER TRANSFIELD POWER & CONSTRUCTIONS LLC , ABU DHABI,UAE OCT’07 JAN’11 6 PURCHASE OFFICER KELE CONSTRUCTIONS LLC, DUBAI, UAE MAY’06 JUL’07 7 PURCHASE EXECUTIVE / BUYER AL HOSNEI CONTRACTING LLC, DUBAI, UAE MAY’05 APR’06 8 PURCHASE EXECUTIVE / BUYER AL KASH ELECTRO MECHANICAL CO. L.L.C, DUBAI, UAE AUG’98 AUG’03
SENIOR PURCHASE OFFICER AUG’19 TO PRESENT CHARILAOS APOSTOLIDES (BAHRAIN) W.L.L. (CHAPO BAHRAIN)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES · Reports to Commercial Manager · Strategic sourcing and manage the buying process with specified target pricing, cost, quality, and delivery targets and communicate status to the Procurement Team TECHNICAL ABILITY · Strong technical purchasing expertise, sourcing and understanding Procurement Management in the Construction environment.. · Assess and review the technical side of the products, including works materials (list is not exhaustive) COMPLIANCE, PROCESS AND POLICIES · Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities. · Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships. · Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and during supplier negotiations and contracts award process. · Build and practice relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts. TEAM COLLABORATION, OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE · Work closely with the Construction & Engineering Departments and Commercial Manager to ensure we maintain best practice. · Assess risks in procurement process and reduce risk or impact on the procurement process Develop creative and innovative procurement processes. · Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement. · Sourcing and strategic buying: Develop and enhance the sourcing policy, interface between supplier with respect to specifications and budgets. · Explore alternate sources for goods and materials. · Develop and liaise with the commercial and procurement teams on strategic buying concept applicable to the company operations, in line with the policies and process. · Quotation and Tenders: Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers. SUPPLIER NEGOTIATION AND COST CONTROL · Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods. · Ability to add value and reduce costs, balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects. · Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible. PURCHASE ORDERS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS: · Manage the process of purchase orders that are aligned with final negotiations with suppliers, and design requirements. · Ensure all necessary information is provided, terms and conditions of Supplier are reviewed to minimize operational and financial risks. · Knowledge and experience relating to documentation, logistics and freight for international transactions.
RISK AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT · Manage schedule changes, remediation plans, and ensure changes are reflected within the appropriate system. · Strong knowledge and Supplier Development. · Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS · Excellent organization, and ability to maintain accurate, detailed documentation of multiple tasks in a fast pace environment. REPORTING · Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required. · Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers. · Project Managed: AL SAHEL RESORT & HOTEL PROJECT, AL JAZAYER BEACH, ZALLAQ for Jumeirah Al Sahel Resort.
PURCHASE OFFICER NOVEMBER 2018 TO JULY 2019 OUTOTEC GMBH & CO. KG
· Identify and Implement the required purchases. · Provide the link between the business and the function which ensures that the user needs are met and that contract and purchases are optimized. · Project Managed: Anode Rodding Shop for BECHTEL AT ALBA LINE 6 PROJECT in Bahrain.
PURCHASING SUPERVISOR AUGUST 2017 TO OCTOBER 2018 AL TAWQEET CLASS CONSTRUCTION
· Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company. · Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality. · Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of final product.
PURCHASE OFFICER FEBRUARY 2011 TO JANUARY 2016 JOHN SISK & SON CONSTRUCTION LLC (SISK GROUP)
· Handling inquiries (As per procurement Plan) taking quotations and discussions on better options. · Responsible for all expediting activities prior & aftermath PO issuance, modifying and monitoring delivery schedules as per project requirements. · Coordinating with supplier regarding the commercial & technical offers. · Supplier / Subcontractor Registration and Qualification process. · Vendor Evaluation -Qualified vendors are evaluated on the basis of their actual performance periodically& Submit Reports to In-Line Manager. · Co-ordinate with Accounts Payable team / supplier, if any payment issue / discrepancy. · Preparing different reports for department like BI-Weekly, Monthly related to procurement activities. · Checking and approving purchase requests (PR) for processing, monitoring the negotiations and preparation of purchase orders. · Project(s) Managed: B+G+5 Building for Oasis Hospital, Al Ain (client: Oasis Hospital); Masfout General Hospital, Ajman, Hatta (client: Ministry of Public Works).
PURCHASE OFFICER OCTOBER 2007 TO JANUARY 2011 TRANSFIELD POWER & CONSTRUCTIONS LLC
· Managed the purchase of: MEP & Civil related items · Receiving purchase requisitions from the different site locations and floating RFQ’s to approved vendors (locally) for general purchase / consumables/ specific purchase for Inventory and Non-Inventory Items. · Purchasing that materials and services from reliable supplier and delivered in the right quantities & qualities, to the right locations, and at the right time and in accordance with quality specifications. · Selection of key suppliers on basis of making statistical tabulation as per of commercial aspects (price, delivery, manufacturer etc.). · Projects Managed: 846 nos Residential Villas at Western Region, Abu Dhabi (Client: M/s Musanada); Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) – Yas Island, Abu Dhabi (Client: M/s Al Dar Properties).
PURCHASE OFFICER MAY 2006 to JULY 2007 KELE CONSTRUCTIONS LLC · Maintaining and updating RFQ's Log as per company procedure, the RFQ's which is receiving through Procurement Plan from projects (multiple projects) and follow up with suppliers on quotation & technical submittals. · Preparing Technical submittals and submitting to Projects Department (PD) for evaluation and approval, after receiving the comments from Project, Consultant & PD. · Assigned from department side for tendering inquiry follow up with suppliers. · Projects Managed: Twin Towers, Shaikh Zayed road, Dubai (Client: M/s ACICO (Mr. Ghassan Ahmad Al-Khaled)
PURCHASE EXECUTIVE / BUYER MAY 2005 to APRIL 2006 AL HOSNEI CONTRACTING LLC · Handling purchase requisitions from the different departments and multiple sites. · Review requisitions and Issuing Request for Quotation (RFQ) to various suppliers / vendors and confers with vendors/ suppliers to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule. · Follow up with the suppliers for receiving the quotations. · Selection of key suppliers on basis of making comparison of bids (price wise, delivery wise and amount wise) submitted by suppliers. · Preparation of Purchase Orders (locally) · Ensure expedite delivery of goods to end users. · Following up with the suppliers for the delivery to meet the committed delivery date. · Preparing different report for the management like open orders, purchase from particular vendor in certain duration & other reports as per requirement of management etc · Projects Managed: Dubai Bowling Centre, Shaikh Zayed road, Dubai (Client: M/s Dubai Bowling Centre).
PURCHASE EXECUTIVE / BUYER AUGUST 1998 - 2003 AL KASH ELECTRO MECHANICAL CO. L.L.C
· Managed procurement of: · General Consumables, safety items & other project requirement from local markets · Preparing & issuing Purchase Orders.
Gaps in Employment SEPT’03 TO APR’ 05 : FAMILY COMMITMENT
Education · UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (B.Com) (1993 – 96)
IT Skills · Worked in integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system(s) - Buildsmart, COINS & E-Promis · MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
Personal Details Date of Birth: 21st April 1975 Nationality: Indian Marital Status: Married Visa: Residence (Employment) Driving License: Bahrain Driving License Languages Known: English, Hindi and Malayalam
|Last Resume Update||September 26, 2020|
|Phone Number||+973 39962162|