|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||February 8, 2019|
Hiring a female Teaching Assistant for a nursery in Abu Dhabi - preferably Filipino.
The class assistant’s primary role is to provide support to teaching assistants and the class teacher in caring for children and maintaining a safe, clean and stimulating environment in the nursery.
To support the class teacher and teaching assistants in: 1. Assisting children in their learning and play activities -
- Encouraging children to follow the teachers’ instructions.
- Helping to encourage and maintain children’s positive behaviour.
- Preparing materials and resources for daily arts and crafts activities, helping to create
displays of children’s work, photocopying and other tasks.
- Assisting class teachers with maintaining children’s records as directed – iCare
feedback application, learning journals, toileting and sleep records etc.
- Assisting at events, holiday camps and during afternoon club as required.
- Assisting the teaching assistant and/or delivering certain aspects of the teachers’
lesson plan/activities if the teacher is absent (only when directed by management.)
- Attending training and CPD sessions as required.
- Assisting parents at drop off/pick up time - collecting children’s personal items
together, ensuring faces are clean, hair and clothes are tidy, nappy has been changed/they have been to the toilet and reminding parent to sign in/out on class register.
- Taking children to the toilet, washing their hands and changing nappies as directed by the nursery nurse following induction training.
- Helping children at meal and break times –
- Heating food where necessary using relevant health and safety guidelines.
- Assisting children with aprons, opening lunchboxes and taking their seats.
- Feeding children where necessary and encouraging them to feed themselves.
- Ensuring all snack/lunch items belonging to each child are kept safe, organised and
packed away again after use.
- Cleaning up after meal times – packing away leftover food into lunchboxes (to be
returned home), wiping tables, sweeping the floor, taking out rubbish.
- Checking that children have not been given prohited foods - nuts etc.
- Cleaning duties –
Helping to maintain a safe, secure and clean environment for learning and play.
- Daily cleaning duties and weekly deep clean as scheduled by the cleaning supervisor.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Passionate about caring for and working with young children
- A Level or Equivalent High School Leavers’ Qualifications
- Diploma Holder in Childcare Field–CACHE1or2
- 2 or more years experience in a British curriculum and/or Montessori nursery
Interested candidates can send their CV